You are 90% bacteria and it is imperative that you feed and foster your bacteria with healthy whole foods, an outdoor presence and prevention of abuse of antibiotics by our medical system.
- The average adult carries up to five pounds of bacteria
- Healthy bacteria are known as probiotics, commonly found in yogurt, soy yogurt or as dietary supplements
- Probiotics are also delivered in fecal transplants, in which stool from a healthy donor is delivered like a suppository to an infected patient
- Strep bacterium is linked to OCD
- Gut bacteria regulate dopamine levels
- A build-up of dopamine causes agitation and stress on the body
- Gut bacteria ‘talk to the brain' through the immune system or parts of the nervous system